Assist the Construction Supervisor(s) in monitoring and maintaining tasks and the handling of construction materials. This position requires manual labor duties and must be filled by an individual capable of performing those functions without the need for constant supervision. No purchasing authority is allowed without a written purchase order from the Construction Supervisor.
The Construction Supervisor(s) shall be the immediate supervisor for this position.
1. Perform tasks involving physical labor at the construction site(s). May operate a variety of hand and power tools, equipment, and instruments.
2. Monitor the receiving of material deliveries to the construction site, including trusses, lumber, cabinets, appliances, counters, windows, etc. This duty includes verifying quantities and conditions and making sure that material is delivered to the correct location and installed in the correct unit.
3. Assist the Construction Supervisor in monitoring completion and accuracy of work performed.
4. Assist the Construction Supervisor in monitoring the maintenance of company-owned vehicles and equipment.
5. Assist the Construction Supervisor in monitoring disposal of waste by contractors and in-house staff, including recyclable materials. Assist in the ordering of dumpsters and the monitoring of their efficient use.
6. Assist the Site Development Manager in maintaining the site in a clean manner, consistent with regulatory approvals (i.e. soil conservation requirements, road and traffic maintenance, etc.).
7. Assist the Construction Supervisor in ensuring timely and successful completion of inspections and readiness of units per the construction schedule.
8. Coordinate the preparation of houses for contractors including providing materials as necessary, maintaining the schedule for construction cleaning, temporary heat, etc.
9. Assist the Construction Supervisor in locking/unlocking all units for security.
10. Ensure vacant units are winterized to prevent frost damage.
11. Assist the Construction Supervisor in monitoring of maintenance of unoccupied units.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of construction experience on a high volume, fast-paced project
- Positive, self-confident, assertive attitude required
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- OSHA safety training certification preferred
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Rebecca Ormsby at email@example.com